W. Burrows and the Dowling Brothers

William H. Carl Burrows established a studio at 76 Murray Street, Hobart in 1877. He had already established a studio in Launceston in 1876, and moved there in 1878, selling his Hobart studio portrait negatives to John Bishop Osborne. This advertisement appeared in both The Tasmanian 0n March 3rd and in The Launceston Examiner, 11th May 1878. “… his brother… ” refers to Matthew P. … Continue reading W. Burrows and the Dowling Brothers